Monday, June 6, 2011

5,4,3,2,1 I won't stop until it's done, no curtain call, I will not fall

iMovie - Mulan.

I've been in Taiping for the past few days. was suppose to be in Penang, locked in the hotel room filled with air cond cool air, watching movies all night but instead I was in the heat of the oven-ly home of my grandparents.

Apparently there wasn't any rooms available in the hotel my mums booked.

I haven't been back and stay over at the grandparents house in years. I think the last time I went back was in 08' or 09'. I can't remember.

This trip back wasn't fun without my aunties, or my sister. trips aren't always fun without them cause they are the ones making the most noisy! Its so much better when there's a fight or gossip sessions.

instead I was 'in bed' all day reading me book and sometimes watching House.

hmm. well I've learned that my grandmother is such a hoarder! she has so many unnecessary stuffs at home! & my grandfather has way too many calendars and clocks all around.

took pictures of the house. wanted to document it :p or at least have pictures of the house for memories. Spent most of my childhood chinese news years down in that house.

Photobucket
Coffee followed :)
he's so cute, like a baby.

Photobucket
my nanila's very old sewing machine.

Photobucket
& her super huge pair of scissors

Photobucket

I used to call this the magic cupboard cause all the food was kept there. I didn't know how to open it when I was younger :p

Photobucket

my grandparents home would not be home if there's a new toilet bowl installed. or if the water magically turned warm for showers. yes, one of the things we had to endure while we are there is the toilet and bathroom - no hot water! we would scream at the first splash of that super duper cold water! but it sure is refreshing.

I recently told my grandparents that I did not have much money when I was younger, but I have some now & that I would single-handedly fund for a proper toilet bowl. yes, I did told them that and they just laughed instead.

Photobucket
the 'wood+cloth' bed that all my cousins and I would fight for to sleep last time.

now it just makes my back ache so much. I would rather sleep on the floor! too bad Keenan didn't have the fun that we had fighting for that bed last time. it was fun and part of the whole Taiping experience in the family.

another fun activity of being in Taiping is spending money at the super duper cheap shop that sells everything and anything at a super low cost! I call it the 'lap sap' shop. You could get so many cool stuff for a cheap price! it's such a steal actually, and every time we go there, I tell you, the owners should be kissing the grounds we walk in their shop :p

this time I got a few small item stuffs and two cute little drawer cupboards. I saw that last and there's so many more but my mother was rushing me so I didn't get to stand there and choose.

dirt cheap! you'll never get this in KL for less than RM30.

Photobucket
its so stable too.

Photobucket
There's a whole set for this design but I didn't get to check it out more.

while Keenan was fascinated with all the Angry Bird products they had. many stuffed bird in all sizes. bean bag types and key chains and iPhone covers and stickers.. you name it. he's still young so he don't know that its super cheap and that if I were him, I'll get more than one.

He took the entire time we were they figuring out which one he wants. the beanbag one or the stuffed one, the small sized, median or super huge one. the red bird or blue or back bird & the thing is that it's SUPER CHEAP!

he ended up getting the white one for only RM 9.90

Photobucket
Photobucket
its quite big too. bigger than a football.

while we were shopping, my grandmother was spending her entire 2 days making dumplings. I think its called dumplings.. I call them 'jeong'

Photobucket
direct translation - water dumplings :p

Photobucket
Photobucket
I requested that mine have lots of chestnuts in it :)

couldn't wait to go home :p it was so hot and humid, my face started popping out pimples :( so I couldn't wait to come home and have the air cond on the whole day! (of course I don't leave it on the entire day!) my home is not a hotel.

ooh before I leave, check out Coffee in my nanila's bicycle basket! heh. he looks like he's enjoying it. LOOKS LIKE!

Photobucket
Photobucket




know not to go home to Taiping without my cousins & aunts.