Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Clash of Times

Clash of times in Seoul. Federer vs SamprasIn an exhibition match between tennis greats past and present, Roger Federer defeated Pete Sampras 6-4, 6-3 on Tuesday.

"I feel pretty good," Sampras told Korean television after the game. "I made it competitive, which was my goal. Obviously Roger is the best player in the world and I retired five years ago. I am grateful that he invited me."

"Pete was one of my idols growing up and it's great to play him," Federer said. "It wasn't easy for me, it wasn't easy for him as he's been retired five years. I am number one and everyone expects me to win."

"I have no plans to come back from retirement," Sampras said. "You have to come back for a reason. I just stay home and watch Roger win on television."

Clash of times in Kuala Lumpur. Nadal vs Gasquet


World No. 2 Rafael Nadal played an aggressive game to dominate Frenchman Richard Gasquet 3-6, 6-2, 6-3 in a showpiece match in Malaysia.