Monday, February 7, 2011

ever ever feel like you're nothing, you're fucking perfect to me!

iMovie - The Town.

*my grandmother's story continues!


That night, met Tham and his girlfriend, Queenie! we went to some Italian place for dinner. I don't know if its my standards or what but when they open their business to serve Italian food, I expect it to be good and to be original. know what they are selling!

they had a selection of pastas and sauce. I was trying to use all my knowledge Jamie Oliver taught me to choose my sauce that goes well with my pasta. and I choose correctly :D the guy even told me that I picked correctly.

he said almost everyone chooses the pasta they want and the sauce they want even though it doesn't go well together!

it was going so well until the food came! I'm very disappointed. my pasta was undercooked. and the pizza for the table wasn't cook to perfection! it was still white! it wasn't crispy browned.

&& there was a Greek god statue in an Italian restaurant -.- if my geographic knowledge has improved by watching Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader, then I'm sure Greek gods originated from Greece and Greece is not Italy. right?

whatever, unsatisfied Italian dinner!

After dinner, we walked over to Hyatt Hotel for a cup of coffee and desert. met one of Uncle Gordon's old colleague. I got to ask him about hotel business which was cool. made me want to work in the hotel business even more! He traveled all over the world, representing a team of Hyatt, managing openings and such. awesome job!

The next day I got to go visit another Shangri-La Resort :)) I was staying in Shangri-La Tanjung Aru, there's another one called Shangri-La Rasa Ria Resort. I wish I stayed at that one cause there's three swimming pools, bigger compound, a golf club AND the beach!

It was 45 minutes away from each other and very far outside the town and very deep into the middle of nowhere!

that resort was paradise! it was the mother of paradise :p it was very green, very blue, very white, very brown all at the same time! Spent half a day there before going back home! had a slight headache cause I was under the sun for way to long!

went back to the room, 'absorbed' some cool wind at the balcony before getting ready for dinner with Tham & Queenie again at Upperstar. it's kind of like Chilis and TGIF but with their own twist. not bad but it doesn't hold up against KL standards.

I'm sorry! but its true. It did have computers at each table which was pretty cool and unlike KL! so there you go, a pro!

went for drinks after that. Also joy ride to somewhere called something Sutra. I don't quite remember but it's like this super amazing place filled with their hotel, a golf club and a man-made lake! or something like that :p as far as I know, I might be making it all up cause I'm not sure :p but it does have hotels and a club there! and water. but I don't know if it's man-made or natural!

oh with those uncertainty, let's just forgot that part! but I must say I've smelt and seen Sutra :p

going back the next night :( wish I could stay there longer! The airport organization and structure was a disaster! it was terrible! wait, I don't mean the building, I meant the way things works there. stupid.

flight was delayed. and they didn't tell that it was delayed! they simple let us wait for our flights without informing us! tsk.

fast forward. when I heard the captain speaking, I knew he was experienced. I based it by his voice and I was proven right by his take-off and landing! it was so smooth! I didn't even realised I've landed. the flight over was worst!

took the bus back to KL Central then came home, showered and woke up in my own room without Phineas & Ferb and room service and the greenery outside!

hmm. its like waking up from an awesome dream.

thank you Uncle Gordon for putting me up and bringing me to Kota Kinabalu :) plus, thanks for reducing the number of Shangri-La hotels I've yet to visit :p 10 down, 48 more to go!


want to be bombed with pictures? nice!


Photobucket
I had nothing better to do :p

Photobucket
hello Shangri-La ;)

Photobucket
I really really love youu!

Photobucket
walk on over.

Photobucket
hello Dalit Bay!

Photobucket
path to the pool and paradise!

I love this place the most! its like it came out from a movie set!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I DOoOoo! :p

Photobucket
beautiful.

Photobucket
brought Teddy :) he doesn't really like me as much as Buddy, yet.
still hurts me a little some times.

Photobucket
I'm enjoying life!

Photobucket
heh ;)

Photobucket
one of the 5 wings of rooms!

Photobucket
when I see coconut tree, I think paradise!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I want to bring em back & plant it in the garden!!

Photobucket
place where people come to fish!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
hello! "eat me, eat me!"

Photobucket
look at their eyess! yucks.

Photobucket
coconut! I had my fair share of coconuts while I was there!

Photobucket
:)
coconuts are so cheap there! that one was only RM3.50! crazyy. and yummy!

Photobucket
ohsocomfy bed, I'm missing you every night!






Shangri-La,
I'm going to come back for more!