Saturday, January 1, 2011

there's nowhere else tonight we should be, you wanna make a memory

iMovie - The Social Network.

It feels like a long time since I went and came back from Penang. I'm having a little memory problem because I can't seem to remember which day or when I went.

&& I've been playing too much Plants Vs. Zombie so the words I'm typing out feels like its swaying side to side just like the plants are in that game!

heh. first of all.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :))!
in case you were living under a rock or something :p

so much has happened, so much until I can't remember what. all I know is that I had an amazing year end. the 4 months leading up to the end of the year was one of the greatest.

anyways, soso my Penang trip! I've realised something major when I was there, at my favourite island ever. It wasn't so much that it was Penang, it was more the company I was with at Penang that made up my childhood.

The trip there this time around felt different more ways than one. & I realised it wasn't the place I longed to go back to, it was who I was with there last time. I've always went to Penang with my family, the whole family and now it was just me.

I was so stoked to go there at first, but while I was there, something was missing. it feels weird, and definitely not fun. Penang wasn't Penang without Uncle Gordon and Jessica :(

but ohwells.

left the house quite early! I love road trips, I love waking up super early to get out of town :))! on the road for a few hours before we stopped at Bidor for a quick breakfast. food sucked!

Photobucket
super oily wan ton mee :s

the other half of the journey I was on Facebook chatting up with my uni friends. (thank gosh I have Twitter & Facebook in my hands all the time :))) ) they're from everywhere, so I was updating them that I was in their town when I passed by their towns! its so much fun. and I'm glad I knew where they were from :)

made another stop at Taiping to drop off a few stuffs at my grandparents house before continuing the road tripp!

HELLOOO Penang :)) I was so happy when I was on the Penang bridge! it brought back old memories. those memories kept flowing every time I went down the road I'm familiar with.

Photobucket
hello Penang :))!

First stop was to have late breakfast at the corner shop that sells cendol and asam laksa :))! man, there's so many people there! aren't they sick of Penang food ;pp

Photobucket
the line waiting for cendol

Photobucket
laksa, laksa! it was sweet.....

checked into our crappy hotel rooms. I really didn't like it at first because it wasn't like a hotel room. it's true, I'm a spoiled hotel room brat!

Most of the hotels I've stayed in my entire life when I was at Penang was either Park Royal, Mutiara, Rasa Sayang, Shangri-La or the other Batu Ferringi hotels :p & I've been staying at Shangri-La ever since I could remember sleeping in a hotel room!

Photobucket
Shang in Bangkok

Photobucket
Shang in Singapore

Photobucket
Shang in Penang

I really miss it.
& Jessy' always in the picture -.-


yes, spoiled hotel brat.

Photobucket
the rooooom.

Photobucket
chilling out, hanging out, peace out!

whatever, where was I? oh. checked in, rested for a little before going Gurney Drive for dinner. as usual in the month of December, it was crowded! food wasn't good already. and there's so little stalls now compared to the last time I was there..

which was 3-4 years ago! things never change in the mind of Jeanette Chung :p

went up to Batu Ferringi :))) I still remember the way upp! went there initially to go DVD shopping but I couldn't even spot one stall of CD seller! bummer. my only mission in Penang was to buy a whole shop load of DVDs :(

Since we were there, we decided to go visit Park Royal cause I told my mums I wanted to know if KoKoNut Klub was still up and running. & it was! it felt like time stood still there!

Photobucket
I've walked that hallway a million times!

Photobucket
I was in there all the time when I was little!
played Simon Says with KoKo the clown all time time!

Photobucket
brings back old memories :')

so much memories there. I teared up when I remember every single corner of that place! it was like time just stood still there. it felt amazing.

anyhoo. too much words. I'll stop here :)) in brief, second day was hunting for good food day, third day was time to leave, slept over at Taiping before coming back home :))! found all the good food at Taiping! of course we did :))!

Photobucket
named it ElleTee! (LT-Looney Tunes) :p

Photobucket
we ran out of gas in the middle of the highway!

Photobucket
still the best prawn mee in Penang!

Photobucket
chestnut roasting in an open firee.

Photobucket
changed rooms because the previous one, the air cond was spitting out ice!
like literally! like real ice cubes!

&& this room was raining water!! no kid.

Photobucket
the place was so spacious, I even did the
Tom Cruise slide from Risky Business :p

Photobucket
me & mums having guava.

Photobucket
the bed is so comfortable!

Photobucket
this shoes are made for walkinngg

Photobucket
BEST. RICE. EVER!

Photobucket
welcome to Taiping.

Photobucket
so peaceful. so green. so fresh.

Photobucket
peanuts steaming in an open ... burner..?

Photobucket
goodbye road trip, hello home sweet home!